MAKE YOUR DAD KING OF THE GRILL
Summer is here, and there’s no better time to get your grills fired up. With Father’s Day just around the corner, we’ve compiled our favorite tips to get cooking and make dad king of the grill this holiday. Whether it’s on charcoal or gas, gather your friends and family for a feast worth celebrating.
1. Get it hot – Preheat your grill for 15-20 minutes before you start cooking to make sure it reaches the right temperature.
2. Picture perfect prep – Burgers can puff up in the middle while they cook. To avoid this, press a small indentation into the raw patty with your thumb.
3. Oil it up – To prevent your meat or vegetables from sticking to the grill, coat each piece with a bit of oil first. This will also help to seal in flavor.
4. Know when it’s ready – The only way to be sure that your meat is ready is to use a thermometer. Insert it in the thickest part of the meat. If cooking in-bone pieces, make sure the thermometer is not touching bone, since that might give you a false reading.
5. Give it a rest – Let cooked meat rest for about 10 minutes covered in foil before carving to let the juices redistribute evenly.
Here at Madden’s, we’re firing up the grills and wishing everyone a fantastic Father’s Day!
-The team at Madden’s on Gull Lake