Golf Tips from Madden’s
The beautiful weather has started golf season off early. The driving range at Madden’s is already open for golfers to practice hitting a few balls. The Madden’s courses are opening up in great condition, thanks to the mild winter. The Pine Beach East & Social 9 opens April 24, Pine Beach West opens April 27 and The Classic at Madden’s opens May 4.
Fear not if your game is a little rusty after the winter, our head golf pro, Glenn Hagberg, has some tips for getting back into the swing of the game.
· Head to the driving range as soon as possible to work on your swing.
· Get active early and start walking to prep yourself for walking the courses. Walking the course is a great way to stay fit while enjoying the game.
· Practice your short game at the nearest putting green.
· Focus on working out your core to assist in relieving back pain and loosen the muscles.
Hagberg also has some tips for an important area of focus while playing the first game of the season.
· Pay attention to the direction of your club head. The club head will determine where your ball will go.
· Keep your eye on the ball during the follow through. Don’t let your follow through help steer your swing.
· Find a comfortable golf grip that can be perfected.
· Establish a stance that is comfortable and will help leverage your shot.
We can’t wait to see you out on the course!